Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Kroger Private Selection Gourmet Foods BzzCampaign!



I love great food…who doesn’t? So I am always excited to get an invite for a food related BzzCampaign! My latest food BzzCampaign was for Kroger Private Selection foods. For this campaign I received a bag of Kroger Private Selection Costa Rican Coffee and Kroger Private Selection Classic Water Crisps Crackers in the mail along with coupons for other free products to redeem at my local Kroger. My other coupons were for Kroger Private Selection Marinara, Garlic Stuffed Green Olives in Brine, and Garlic Herb Pre-sliced Deli Cheese. It took us a minute to find the cheese, but we did find it and there were a few varieties to choose from, priced regularly at our Kroger for $4.89. The marinara was easy to find near the other spaghetti sauces and there were also 4 or 5 to choose from priced at $2.89. There were 2 kinds of stuffed olives available at our store, priced at $4.39. Normally these products are kind of out of our price range, but these are gourmet foods meant for entertaining, something worth splurging for ;).

Unfortunately, when I got to the checkout, I realized I had lost my sliced cheese free coupon somewhere in the store :(, so I ended having to purchase it at the full price of $4.89! Learn from me; guard your coupons with your life hahaha. I was glad that I was able to share these foods with my family for Thanksgiving at my parent’s house. I took the olives, cheese, and crackers over with us for a snack before dinner and it wasn’t long before it was all gone. I thoroughly enjoyed all of it, as did most of my family.

I used the marinara sauce when I made spaghetti for dinner for my husband and I. My hubby really liked it; I liked it but personally did not care for all the big chunks of tomato. But that is probably because I am overall not a big fan of tomato.

Normally my husband and I drink light roast coffee, and he did not care for this coffee. I thought it was okay at first, but as I drank it a couple of days I started to change my mind to not liking it very much at all. It has a bolder flavor to it, a more coffee like flavor if that makes sense. There was a Carmel Truffle flavor mentioned in the literature that accompanied my BzzKit, which sounds really good! My husband and I were thinking about trying that flavor, but since Christmas we are the proud new owners of a Keurig coffee brewer and could not be happier!!

Overall I still very much enjoyed being a part of this BzzCampain! My family shops at Kroger often so it was a neat opportunity to try some great Private Selection foods that I may not have had the opportunity to try otherwise. I know I will at least be getting more of the olives and try another type of cheese at a time when we can afford it!

No comments:

Post a Comment