Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Next Step FIt N Full

As you may know from reading previous blogs (not that I write that often…whoops lol) that I am on an ongoing quest to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. One of the new things I have tried in the past 3 months is protein shakes. The first one I tried was a berry blend, and it was oh, so bad that I wasn’t sure if I was interested in trying any other ones. After a lot of convincing, my friend had me try some Shakeology. Oh, it was so yummy….especially with a tsp. of all natural peanut butter, MMM. But, um…yeah I am NOT paying that price!! I thought I was doomed until I received my #GoVoxBox from Influenster which contained samples of Vitamin Shoppe Next Step Fit N’ Full protein shakes and a very cute and cool Jaxx shaker cup. The first flavor I tried was the swiss chocolate; it was very tasty, not chalky or grainy tasting. Only 140 calories (5g fat), 14g of protein, and I love that it has 6g of fiber! Then I tried the french vanilla and berry flavors which were good, but not as good as the chocolate (which is weird because in the shakeology I LOVE the vanilla, but didn’t care for the chocolate that much, and didn’t like the strawberry or greenberry at all!).

They provide Tonalin CLA to help reduce body fat and increase lean body mass (but you have to take 2 shakes a day to get the clinical level of CLA). I am glad they are also very easy to make; simply add 8oz. of cold water and shake/mix well. I prefer my protein shakes also blended well with some ice in a blender. The great thing about protein shakes is they are easily customizable, they can be made with yogurt and other fruits and veggies mixed in. Many people claim they can blend kale or spinach in and cannot even tell a difference in flavor. I am not that daring yet, but maybe one day :)

Here is a link for the Influenster review page of Fit N Full Protein Shakes


No comments:

Post a Comment