Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Perdue Oven Ready chicken BzzCampaign :)



I was invited to this Perdue Oven Ready chicken BzzCampaign after it had already started, so by the time I received my coupons, I was already in a time crunch. I checked our usual Walmart, Meijer, and Kroger and was unsuccessful in finding them, even with the help of store workers. I was worried they simply were not in my area and I panicked until I realized I should check the Perdue website to see if there was a store locator (I sometimes have blonde moments, why didn’t I think of that in the first place!). Unfortunately there were only 2 Kroger stores that offered them, and they were both over 15 miles away, but at least one was near my parents house. It just so happened they had them on sale for $7.99, so we were lucky they had just 1 left when we got there.

My plan was to make the chicken the following night for dinner since it takes a minimum of an hour and a half to cook plus 10 minutes of rest time. The cook time is not a problem though even for a weeknight meal, if you just plan ahead; I made it on a Thursday. I also made salad, mashed potatoes and jar gravy since I did not at first realize there is a recipe on the bag for gravy that you make with the remaining drippings after cooking. We did make the gravy the next time we enjoyed one of these chickens and it was good and our guests enjoyed it. From the chicken that I made just for us, I was also able to make chicken noodle soup and chicken fajitas with the leftovers, it was great! Since this was my first time making a whole chicken, I was worried at first, but the Perdue Oven Ready chicken made the whole experience a great one with the fact that it is perfectly seasoned and in its own baking bag which makes cleanup easier. Both times that we have made them, they turned out tender and juicy, and so easy to get off the bone. I hope that they become available at our local Kroger or another local store soon, because if on sale or if I get my hands on more coupons, my family would be enjoying more Perdue Oven Ready chickens for sure! Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE being a BzzAgent?? I DO! :)

 I am not sure if it was a mistake or not, but I did not understand why there were 2-$3.00 off coupons and 4-$2.00 off coupons to hand out. I did not even realize that they were for two different face values at first, I should have checked closer I guess since it was kind of embarrassing when you hand one person a $3 coupon and another a $2 one, so I kind of felt the need to apologize to the people who only got $2 ones.

1 comment: