Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

surepost...the worst way to ship!

So I ordered this Popsugar Must Have’s box because I got a good deal (I will explain all about the deal and what came in the package, price, and all those details in a blog about it when I actually get said box).  This blog should be me being able to tell you all about it since I should have received it yesterday (Thursday) but now it is not scheduled to be here till Saturday. Why is it not here you may ask? The answer is because some moron came up with this idea they call “surepost”!!

I first discovered this phenomenon on EdenFantasys. Whenever I am ready to place an order, one of the shipping methods to choose from is UPS surepost. I didn’t exactly know what that meant, but chose it since it was UPS and had to be faster than standard USPS priority mail right….wrong! You see, surepost is this concept that UPS picks up your package from whoever shipped it, they transport it to your area, and then instead of delivering the package themselves, they transfer the package to your local USPS office, for them to then deliver it to you. Does this make any sense to anyone?? Last time I used this method, I placed an order on Wednesday, it was shipped on Thursday and I got the package the following Tuesday. So my last order from EdenFantasys I chose USPS priority mail and guess what…I place an order on Wednesday, it was shipped Thursday, and I received the package SATURDAY…YES, I said SATURDAY!!

Unfortunately I did not have a choice for this shipment from Popsugar. I did not know that FedEx also uses this concept of surepost, but unfortunately I do now! My package arrived in Perrysburg, OH on Wednesday evening. This would normally mean my package would be delivered to me on Thursday, but instead of being delivered, it went to another FedEx location in Belleville, MI. Only to leave that facility Friday morning to be delivered to the local post office in Toledo, OH so that I may receive the package on Saturday, I HOPE!! So a package that should have been here Thursday will now be here 2 days later. Who does this make sense to?? Seems like someone owed someone else a favor or something, since this method would not make sense to any human being with a brain! I know that I will be avoiding this type of shipment at ALL costs from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment